The first few days, weeks and months postpartum can be intense, special, challenging, tiring (exhausting) & life-changing.
Pregnancy and birth have undoubtedly changed your body.
To balance these changes along with the demands of new motherhood, exercise should nourish your body and mind.
Core and pelvic floor healing and return to function is a process that is unique for each individual.
There is no exact recovery timeline and no ‘one size fits all’ exercise program.
Restorative movement, breathing and reconnecting with your core and pelvic floor will help you to recover while tuning into what your body needs right now.
These classes are for women who want to reintroduce exercise and rebuild a strong and stable foundation for returning to a sustainable fitness routine.
From here, women who wish to take on higher demand training can progress to the Strength for Postpartum SPORT series.
Classes are designed to:
- Aid you in recovering from growing and giving birth to another human being
- Learn how to listen to your body
- Learn how to connect with your core and pelvic floor
- Provide you with the education and knowledge needed to make informed decisions about movement and exercise
- Help you to improve core and pelvic floor function while managing any pelvic floor symptoms
- Reintroduce a full body strength workout
How it works
You must have had your 6 week postnatal check-up and been cleared to exercise by your G.P.
I highly recommend having had or having scheduled a pelvic health physiotherapy assessment prior to commencing class.
Read more about the benefits of pelvic health physiotherapy here.
would you like more information?
Classes are not a one size fits all experience.
Please get in contact to see how I can help you.